It’s been pretty perfect patio weather here in the midwest, and I’ve got a drink that can bring a little extra sunshine to your backyard gathering. This Watermelon Lemonade is simple to make, it’s filled with vitamin C from both the watermelon and lemon, and its color is gorgeous.
If you’re feeling fancy, top it off with sparkling water (or champagne if your backyard gathering includes mimosas) and extra lemon garnishes.
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- 8 cups watermelon
- 1 ½ cups lemon juice
- 2 cups still or sparkling water
- Combine 1 cup of water and the honey in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until the honey dissolves in the water. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Place the watermelon in a blender and puree smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove any lumps and pulp.
- Pour the strained watermelon into a large pitcher with ice. Add the lemon juice, cooled honey mixture, and 2 cups of still or sparkling water. Garnish with lemon slices.
- SR Clients: 16 oz = Level 3 (100%) appetizer or dessert.
If you make this recipe at home, share with me on Instagram and use #strongrootsnutrition so I can see!