For anyone who spends most mornings rushing off to work or school, quick breakfast foods are a valuable asset, and this Cocoa Kamut Cereal is another great option to add to your morning rotation. Consisting of puffed whole grains, healthy fat, and a touch of chocolate, this breakfast will fuel your morning and help get your day started on the right foot. Make a batch as part of your weekly meal prep to eat throughout the week!
- 6 cups puffed kamut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon ground espresso coffee
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the kamut, almonds, and almond flour.
- Combine the oil, maple syrup, cocoa powder, espresso, and salt in a small saucepan. Whisk over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until well-combined. Remove from heat and add the vanilla. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture out on the parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- SR Clients: Use standard breakfast cereal portions
If you make this recipe at home, share with me on Instagram and use #strongrootsnutrition so I can see!