Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you all had a safe and happy holiday season.
Today’s recipe is one I’ve been loving, and it’s perfect for batch cooking: Puffed Grain Cereal. It’s easy to throw together and filled with tasty ingredients like puffy cereal, sliced almonds, pecans, and cinnamon. It’s the perfect cooler-weather cereal that provides satiety from nuts and warmth from spices and maple syrup.
Eat it with milk, cereal-style, or use as granola for topping your yogurt. Delish!
- 2 cups puffed kamut, rice, or wheat
- 2 cups puffed millet
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the puffed grains, almonds, pecans, and oats in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Pour over the cereal and stir to thoroughly mix.
- Divide the cereal mixture between the two prepared sheet pans. Bake for 10 minutes, stir, then bake an additional 5 minutes until the cereal is golden brown and fragrant. Cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- SR Clients: Level 2 (100%) breakfast = 1 cup cereal + 8 oz milk + 8 oz juice + fruit. Level 2 (100%) snack = 3/4 cup + 8 oz milk + fruit.
If you make this recipe at home, share on Instagram using #strongrootsnutrition so I can see!